Friday, December 14, 2007

TBR 2008!!!!

Completed as of 12/26/08!!!



***This challenge was quite a success for me. I read some fantastic books that had been just laying around my apartment, like The Poisonwood Bible, and some that had been loaned to me and never picked up, like Water For Elephants. Both of those are five star books IMO, and are on my list of ten best books read this year. I also found some great random books on my shelves, like Meely LaBauve. The only book that wasn't really worth reading was Blue Light. I have already posted my list for next year, (which includes many of the unread alternates from this year) and can't wait to begin!! Thanks to Jenn at TBR for hosting!***

OK, this is my FINAL list for 2008's TBR Challenge. Click on the titles to see the reviews of those I've finished.

Main List:
Franny and Zooey--J.D. Salinger (finished 6/18/08)
Wuthering Heights--Emily Bronte (finished 12/26/08)
Sundog--Jim Harrison (finished 11/2/08)
Blue Light--Walter Mosely (finished 12/3/08)
Fallen Angels--Walter Dean Myers (finished 3/21/08)
Middlesex--Jeffret Eugenides (finished 5/20/08)
Poisonwood Bible--Barbara Kingsolver (finished 8/21/08)
Dolores Clairborne--Stephen King (finished 11/12/08)
Smashed: Story of a Drunken Girlhood--Koren Zailckas (finished 1/24/08)
Water For Elephants--Sara Gruen (finished 3/19/08)
Meely LaBauve--Ken Wells (finished 2/20/08)
Dragon Wing--Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (finished 12/1/08)


Alternates:
Your Writing Coach--Jurgen Wolff
The Sword of Shannara and The Elfstone of Shannara--Terry Brooks
Issac Bashevis Singer's Collected Works
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Sound and the Fury by Faulkner (finished 11/26/08)
All the Pretty Horses--Cormac McCarthy (finished 1/7/08)
The Giver--Lois Lowry (finished 9/16/08)
The Stone War--Madeleine E. Robins (finished 3/24/08)

And I finished TBR 2007! I am still reading though. Right now I'm reading The Mermaid Chair from my alternate list, and still hoping to get through Myths to Live By.

6 comments:

Jurgen Wolff said...

Very nice to see my book on your estimable list! I hope you enjoy "Your Writing Coach."

best wishes,

Jurgen Wolff

Lisalit said...

How funny! I am looking forward to reading it, and I'm sure it will be quite enjoyable!

Katie said...

Hi there! I just finished Smashed, by Koren Zailckas, and you must read this soon. It's such a hot topic and it's a quick read!

1morechapter said...

I just saw your question about re-reads for the decades challenge. No, I'm sorry, but re-reads don't count.

Michelle
http://1morechapter.com/decades

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Lisalit, you asked on Book around the States: "Question: Can these be re-reads? Or must they be new reads?"

I don't see any problem with re-reads. This challenge is whatever each of us decides. In my opinion, reading is reading ... and that, of course, includes re-reading.

Teddy Rose said...

Yippee, we did it! Congratulations!