Sunday, October 25, 2009

VPR Poetry Reading Challenge (5/16/10)



This challenge, found here at Regular Rumination, requires reading 2-15 books of contemporary poetry--that is, published in the 20th or 21st centuries. I am joining the "shallow end" challenge, meaning I must read 2-5 books. Since an Eliot book has been on my TBR list for a while now, I figured I would join to light a fire under my butt. Plus I really need to read more poetry.
I don't have a list of books yet, but favorite poets include:
Maya Angelou
T.S. Eliot
Adrienne Rich
Mark Strand
Sylvia Plath
Anne Sexton
Pablo Neruda
Lawrence Ferlinghetti
Allen Ginsburg
Denise Levertov

3 comments:

Leslie @ This is the Refrain said...

Thanks for joining the challenge! We're not very active at the moment, since there are only three participants, but I will try to keep everyone updated with our progress!! :D

Lisalit said...

Thanks Leslie!!

gautami tripathy said...

I am in too:

Here is my list for the challenge