Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Classics Challenge

COMPLETED AS OF 1/3/09!!!!
This was a great challenge. I think every book I read for it was 4 or 5 stars. My favorite was The Road, but all of them were great books to read. I hope this challenge renews at the end of this month so I can choose more New Classics to read!


I've read 10 out of the 100 books on Entertainment Weekly's New Classics list. For the New Classics Challenge, hosted by Joanna, I have chosen six more to read by January 31, 2009. And here they are!





The Road by Cormac McCarthy (9/25/08)
Beloved by Toni Morrison (1/3/09)
Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer (1/2/08)
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (finished 8/21/08)
The Giver by Lois Lowry (finished 9/16/08)
Holes by Louis Sachar (finished 8/1/08)

This will be my third McCarthy book this year, having read All the Pretty Horses and No Country For Old Men. He's fixing to become my most read author this year!

No comments: