Sunday, October 25, 2009

Books to Read Before I Die Challenge (12/31/10)

Found here at Bibliophile by the Sea, the Books to Read Before I Die challenge asks you to choose between 10-20 books that you absolutely must read before you die. Your list must be finalized by December 31, 2009, and the challenge begins the next day and ends Dec. 31, 2010.

My tentative list:

1. A Spot of Trouble--Mark Haddon
2. Everything is Illuminated--Jonathon Safran Foer
3. Choke--Chuck Pahlaniak
4. Life of Pi--Yann Martel
5. Trainspotting--Irvine Welsh
6. The Robber Bride--Margaret Atwood
7. Jazz--Toni Morrison
8. Get Shorty--Elmore Leonard
9. Possession--A.S. Byatt
10. The Satanic Verses--Salman Rushdie
11. Love in the Time of Cholera--Gabriel Garcia Marquz
12. The Unbearable Lightness of Being--Milan Kundera
13. Confederacy of Dunces--John Kennedy Toole
14. Song of Solomon--Toni Morrison
15. Crash--J.G. Ballard
16. Slaughterhouse 5--Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
17. One Hundred Years of Solitude--Gabriel Garcia Marquez
18. V--Thomas Pynchon
19. The Bell Jar--Sylvia Plath
20. I, Robot--Isaac Asimov

2 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Lisa...thanks so much for joining this challenge. I hope it works out well for you.
I've read 1,4,14,and 19 from your list and enjoyed them.

Lisalit said...

Thanks Diane! I hope I enjoy them as well!