Saturday, October 6, 2007

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I was surprised at how much I liked this book! I think this was actually a re-read for me, but I enjoyed it just as much. When the Harry Potter books first came out many people compared them to the Narnia Chronicles. Why, I don't know--I find few similarities. But being an avid Narnia fan, I was kind of biased against the Potter books. Now that much time has passed, I can read the Rowling books without prejudice, and enjoy them. It seems silly to write a detailed review about a book that just about everyone has read already, but I will say this: once I got into The Chamber of Secrets I couldn't put it down. The story is tight, the writing is fantastic and the characters are enjoyable, albeit exaggerated and fanciful. Lots of fun! I plan on reading the third one as soon as I can. I think I've read that one before too, but that was where I stopped.

So this was the final RIP Challenge book, but since October just began I think I will choose one more to add to the fun!

No comments: