Sunday, May 3, 2009

Skinny Bitch: A No-Nonsense, Tough-Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want to Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabulous--Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin

Genre: Self-Help
Year Published: 2005
Pages: 224
Rating: 4/5

"Are you sick and tired of being fat?"

I didn't expect to like this book, but I read it when a friend loaned it to me after I decided to go vegan for Lent. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The author's are rude, lewd and in-your-face, which I found refreshing and amusing. But what stuck most with me--and kept me vegan even though Lent has ended--is the graphic descriptions of the torture animals endure in factory farms and slaughterhouses.

Book-a-Week #: 16
Date Read: 3/3/09

1 comment:

Brimful Curiosities said...

One of my friends read this book. She also said she found it amusing.